The winter is here and many of you are staring at your computers searching for the perfect getaway to warmer weather (even those in Miami this past month). It can be for your upcoming honeymoon or just a long weekend with your loved one. Here are five incredible Caribbean vacations that are guaranteed to provide the romantic setting you are looking for. These 6 locations and 7 resorts all have one thing in common; exceeding expectations. They all provide perfect beach settings for relaxation, inspiring sunsets, and memorable dining experiences.
1. Anguilla: Viceroy Anguilla. From the moment you step foot on Anguilla you will understand why so many people come back year after year. Not only are the clear blue waters and white sand beaches breath-taking but the people of Anguilla will welcome you with open arms. You will not find a better spot for sunset than the Sunset Lounge at the Viceroy and the infinity pool might be the best in the Caribbean. The resort is perfectly laid out so every guest can enjoy some quiet rest and relaxation. Another highlight is the rooms; the Studios and One Bedroom Suites all come with private plunge pools on your private spacious sundeck with sweeping ocean views. If you are looking for activities, the resort provides daily fitness classes, basketball and tennis courts, complimentary non-motorized water-sports such as Hobie Cats, paddle boards, snorkel gear and complimentary bikes are available so guests can explore the small island. http://www.hisandhersvacations.com/getaways/anguilla-perfect-piece-of-paradise/
2. St Lucia: Cap Maison or Jade Mountain Resort. Two amazing resorts, one location. Cap Maison is a beautiful boutique hotel with the perfect location for incredible sunsets. Cap Maison was Voted #2 Best Hotel in the Caribbean by Travel and Leisure Magazine for their impeccable five-star service. Cap Maison is known for their great food and wine selections especially at the “Cliff at Cap” restaurant which is one of St. Lucia’s most spectacular dining location. There’s so many activities in St. Lucia if you are looking to explore; golf, spa, natural hot tubs, hiking Petit Piton or Gros Piton, mud baths, horseback riding and more. Jade Mountain also was honored with one of Travel & Leisure World’s Best Awards in 2014. It is the only resort on St. Lucia with the iconic view of both Piti and Gros Piton mountains. The infinity pool at Jade Mountain competes with the Viceroy Anguilla as one of the favorites in the Caribbean. The Celestial Terrace is perfect for sunset cocktails and the spa provides outstanding treatments. The Jade Mountain Club is a unique culinary experience that you do not want to miss while visiting the great island of St. Lucia. http://www.hisandhersvacations.com/getaways/st-lucia/
3. Virgin Gorda: Little Dix Bay. Rosewood Little Dix Bay is located on Virgin Gorda in the BVIs and another incredible setting surrounded by crystal blue seas, rolling hills, secluded beaches and pure serenity. The resort is located on a half-mile beach with luxurious accommodations and 5 star resort amenities. Two words to describe a week at Little Dix Bay; True Paradise. Despite having 105 rooms, Little Dix does an amazing job of providing an small, intimate feel for its guests as the rooms are well spaced out and a golf cart will provide transportation throughout the resort. Little Dix Bay is protected by a reef so this long narrow beach is perfect calm, blue shallow water and provides a quiet setting for its guests. The staff is incredible, the food is savory and accommodations are top notch, you will be wanting to come back year after year to this relaxing retreat. Highlights in Virgin Gorda include exploring the famous “Baths,” relaxing on Spring Bay beach, island hopping the BVIs and hiking the trails of Biras Creek or Palms.
4. St. John, U.S.V.I: Caneel Bay Resort (Formerly A Rosewood Resort). St. John is a unique place in the Caribbean and Caneel Bay is one of the few resorts in this Caribbean destination. Caneel Bay is located in the heart of the Virgin Islands National Park on a 171-acre peninsula. This location truly makes you take a step away from your busy life and enjoy a luxurious yet refreshingly simple resort that does not have tvs or telephones. Four words best describe St. John and Caneel Bay; Simple Pleasures, Understated Luxury. The rooms do need a little updating but the beautiful setting remains unrivaled and draws people back year after year. Along with 7 white sand beaches, Caneel Bay has some great options for activities from tennis, snorkeling, and hiking trails that offer panoramic views of blue water and mountains.
5. Antigua: Jumby Bay, A Rosewood Resort. True luxury at its finest; you get what you pay for. Jumby Bay, only reachable by boat, is two miles off Antigua and comes at a hefty price tag but will not leave you disappointed. The beach at Jumby Bay is unsurpassed for a resort beach in the Caribbean, with white-powdered sand and a perfect swimming bay. Unlike the other 4 resorts on the list, Jumby Bay is the only All-inclusive to make our Top 5 list for romantic destinations in the Caribbean. There are multiple dining options to satisfy any foodie and the service is top notch in the dining rooms and throughout the resort. It is popular among families, especially from the Europe given its history but the resort has an incredible sense of space so nothing ever seems too crowded. There are only 38-rooms on the 300-acre privately owned island and each guest is given a bike to explore and travel throughout the resort (golf shuttles also available). This resort is one of the most desirable and exclusive private retreats in the Caribbean.
If you are looking for a 8+ day trip I highly recommend three romantic vacations:
1. 2 Islands, one quick ferry away: Viceroy Anguilla for 5 nights & La Samanna in St. Martin for 4 nights.
2. Antigua to Anguilla: Jumby Bay Resort to Viceroy Anguilla
3. BVI’s adventure: Little Dix Bay for 5 nights in Virgin Gorda and 4 nights at Caneel Bay Resort in St. John.
Feel free to check out our Caribbean destinations page for more ideas on romantic island getaways: